5.27.2010

From Mowing to Ladies

Today, was a good day.

I mowed the front lawn.  I like to mow the lawn.  I can do different patterns and still get the job done and I imagine anyone watching me do it probably thinks I'm crazy.  I go around the edge.  Then I go diagonal until I get bored with diagonal, and then I go perpendicular to the house.  When I see missed blades of grass popping up then it's time to go around the lawn in a clockwise direction and then switch direction and go the other way.  Then I notice that the blades of the lawn mower create enough dust to temporarily cover the holes of the innumerable, and large - meaning the ants are very large and intimidating and I am wearing sandals and they seem to be everywhere where the grass is scant  - very large, ant hills, so I return to the diagonal up and back but spend a little extra time in the parts where the mower is over the hills, and less time when my feet are over the hills.  Then, I see more blades poking up that appear to have been missed, so I divert and go to get them, making a bee line path in whichever direction will get me there the quickest.  And so it goes, until I'm done and I take the mower around back to mow down the weeds that Dru didn't think was worth his time when he mowed the back lawn.

I also picked-up the living room and vacuumed and wiped off the piano and tv and also the pencil drawings on the window ledge that I didn't know existed until I was over there looking at it today.  And, tonight, it is still in order. 

And, I played the piano.  For a bit.  For me.  Because I had ordered the next books in the piano curriculum from which I teach my children.

Plus, I went with my children to a city forest and watched them catch the tiniest of frogs.  And Ally held my hand.  And Lil Miss ran alongside them boys.  And she cried a sad cry when she couldn't hold both of her frogs at the same time.  And I had to count when it was time to let them go again. 

And, finally, the night ended with two wonderful ladies coming over to see how I was doing.  And we chatted.  And we laughed.  And we learned and were enriched. 

And now, it's late.  It was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an incredibly productive day to me! You should be immensely proud of yourself!
    :)
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was. (a productive day) =) gotta love 'um when you get 'um! thanks for coming by and visiting (my site)! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete